Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
You call your lawyer with a quick question.... and next thing you know, you get a $360 bill in the mail?! The billable hour pits client needs against lawyer's compensation, and it doesn't work for anyone.
To avoid unnecessary expenses, you avoid calling a lawyer until the last possible minute -- instead of proactively calling to prevent the issue in the first place. Then, you end up with a much bigger problem...
Lawyers in a traditional billable model take work as it comes through the door, so sometimes, they respond right away; other times, it takes forever to hear back because of their volume of work.
Need a quick answer to a legal problem? Ask and get your simple legal questions answered by your attorney within 48 hours via an easy-to-use online Q&A system.
Signing a commercial lease? Shoot it to your dedicated attorney. Just one-and-done for a response via email or video pointing out risks and benefits.
Someone wise said "the best defense is a good offense." Most of the problems arising for our small business clients errupt because they didn't know-- or didn't want to take the time to ask-- about changing, shifting laws surrounding IP, contracts, or business. Regular check-ins and evaluations can help stop these problems before they begin.
The number one fear we've heard? The fear of unpredictability. Never knowing how much a problem. question, or review will cost.
Our client contract template bank contains basic forms and templates to give you a quick, fast, and customized way to deal with simple legal matters. Generate custom documents on demand!!
Access members get priority 1:1 access to your attorney. We keep daily dedicated calendar spots for Access Client communication. And because don't bill per hour, so you can ask questions without worrying about a $300 bill for emails. You can truly say, "Let me run it by legal!"
Stop searching the internet for old, outdated, and not-state-specific legal information! We've recorded videos on legal topics related to business, IP, and contracts for our client's use whenever, wherever.
All Access Membership plans include :
All Access Members receive discounts on all other fees. Think contract drafting, trademark applications, copyright filings, trademark monitoring, and hourly rates-- all at a discount.
All Essentials, plus:
• Priority Q&A
• DIY Contract Template Bank
• Videos and Knowledge Base
• 10% off all other legal fees
• Unlimited contract review* of documents up to 30 pages
• Registered Agent Services ($125/ year value)
• DMCA De-listings for infringed-upon content
• Standard Trademark Monitoring for one trademark ($600 value)
• 15% off all other legal fees
All Access Plans Include:
• Unlimited Contract Review*
All Essentials & Team, plus:
3 month commitment req.
4 month initial commitment req.
6 month initial commitment req.
• Annual 45 min Legal Audit
• Customized CANSPAM and Privacy Compliance Audit
• Standard Trademark Monitoring for up to 10 trademarks total
• 1 On-Site (or Virtual) training annually
• 20% off other legal fees
All Access Memberships include:
- Unlimited Q&A to your dedicated attorney, either via your monthly call time (Essentials) or via email (Team and Corporate)
- Monthly calls to spot potential issues before they start
- Access to our contract template bank
- Access to our video vault, where you can stream on-demand educational videos (and not rely on shady internet advice!)
- A percent off of our normal fees
Access Memberships do not include:
- Litigation or pre-litigation*
- Securities Work (offering stocks for sale, soliciting investors, or production of Reg D documentation)
- Employee disputes
- Contract creation/ Contract drafting or redrafting*
- Trademark applications*
- Copyright filings*
- Any matters outside of our practice areas, including Family Law, non-commercial real estate law, patent drafting, elder law, wills and trusts, or anything not specifically mentioned on our website.
- Filing Fees due on your behalf
*These services are provided to Access Members at a discounted rate, which is dependent on the tier of membership.
"Contract Review" means going through a proposed contract, commercial lease, license, assignment, or other agreement and spotting the issues, pointing out potential pitfalls, and explaining how it affects your business. For example, we may look at a commercial lease and point out that you need to negotiate HVAC maintenance; we might look at a copyright license and identify gaps in the terms vs. your needs; or we might look at a potential licensing agreement and note the dangers to your company.
Contract Review does not mean drafting additional contracts, providing extensive redrafts of the language, negotiating deals or disputes with other represented or non-represented parties, or redrafting the contract. These services are provided to Access Members on a flat fee basis, with a percent off our flat fee rates.
When deals seem almost too good to be true, I get skeptical. So here's the skinny on why we're implementing this type of model.
Traditional billable hours pit clients, who want work done as quickly as possible, against attorneys, who are paid more for working more hours. This doesn't work well for anyone. Plus, I hate keeping track of time. I feel like it can take more time to record and produce an invoice than actually doing the work.
That's why we decided to turn traditional legal billing on its head and say "see ya" to the norms (which, if you've worked with us before, you know is Caroline's M.O.!).
We truly believe this method of client access can benefit both the clients and the lawyer. Let's do this together!
Apply to get ACCESS for your business needs. We'll respond to see if we're a fit!